Lawrence F. Anito Jr.
Mr. Anito is chair of the firm's automotive dealer law practice group and co-chair of the real estate practice group.
His automobile dealer practice includes representing dealers in disputes with vehicle manufacturers in courts, arbitration proceedings and internal manufacturer appeals. He also devotes a substantial part of his time to dealership acquisitions, sales and dealer succession planning.
In the area of real estate, Mr. Anito has represented buyers, sellers and lenders in sales, purchases, loans and tax-deferred exchanges. He has also been engaged in representing parties in the commercial leasing of retail, office and other commercial space.
Mr. Anito is counsel to the New York State Automobile Dealers Association and frequently speaks and writes on matters related to motor vehicle dealerships and related matters.
Mr. Anito graduated from The Pennsylvania State University and The Catholic University of America Law School. He also holds an LLM degree in Taxation from New York University Law School and is listed in "The Best Lawyers in America" for real estate law.
Areas of Practice
- 75% Automotive Industry - Dealer Law
- 15% Business Law
- 10% Real Property Law
- New York, 1969
- District of Columbia, 1968
- U.S. Federal Court, 1968
- U.S. Tax Court, 1981
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- LL.M. - 1983
- Major: Taxation
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1968
- Law Review: Catholic University Law Review, Member
- Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1965
- Zoning - Personal Airstrip Not an Accessory Use To A Residence 17 Catholic University Law Review 506, 1968
- MEGA Group Inc.
- New York State Automobile Dealers Inc.
- The Picotte Companies
- TICOR Title Guarantee Company
Honors and Awards
- Reginald Heber Smith Fellow, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1968 - 1969
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Albany County Bureau of Real Property Tax Delinquencies, Director, 1975
- Albany County State Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member