Christine M. Carsky
Ms. Carsky has a broad base of experience with her primary practice in civil litigation, contracts and divorce.She assists clients navigating difficult transitions such as aging parents, guardianship, divorces, custody & visitation. She has prosecuted and defended personal injury, business litigation and real property cases and has held numerous positions representing local governments and their boards, and local homeowner's associations.
Ms. Carsky's matters include the following:
- Divorces and Family Law
- Prosecution of personal injury and wrongful death cases, particularly those involving negligent property condition and security;
- Prosecution of complex contract and construction claims,arbitration and litigation;
- Representation of real estate buyers, sellers, lenders, brokers, agents, and developers in real estate transactions and counsel.
- Representation of numerous Homeowners Associations.
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation and Appeals, Contracts
- Real Estate Law
- Guardianship and Estate Administration
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Traffic Violations
- New York, 1981
- Florida, 1981
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1984
- Albany Law School Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D. - 1980
- Colgate University, Hamilton, New York
- B.A. (Magna Cum Laude) - 1976
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: English
- Minor: Philosophy
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Saratoga County Bar Association
- Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation, President, 2006 - 2008.
- Saratoga Springs Chamber of Commerce, 2004 - 2010
- Ballston Spa Business and Professional Association
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Community Hospice of Saratoga County
- Government Attorneys of Broward County, 1981 - 1992
- Broward County Women Lawyers Association, 1981 - 1992; President, 1984 - 1985.