Andrew B. Amerling
Mr. Amerling is engaged in a real estate related practice with the firm. His practice involves virtually every aspect of commercial and residential real estate law, including construction and permanent financing, acquisitions and sales, leasing and sale-leaseback transactions for clients such as lenders, owners, purchasers and sellers in all types of commercial and residential real estate transactions. He also represents clients in commercial and real estate workouts and enforcement of their rights and remedies in foreclosure, eviction and related litigation. Mr. Amerling works hand in hand with the corporate, business, tax, bankruptcy and estate attorneys within the firm where real estate is involved.
Mr. Amerling's representative recent matters include the following:
- Mortgage refinancing of office buildings and shopping centers.
- Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation mortgage refinancing of an apartment complex.
- Construction/permanent mortgage financing of office buildings and shopping centers.
- Construction/permanent mortgage financing through a local Industrial Development Agency.
- Counsel to the Receiver in a mortgage foreclosure action involving a multi-million dollar shopping center.
- Counsel to the owner in connection with a sale of a HUD-insured, low income apartment complex.
- Counsel to mortgage lenders in connection with commercial and residential mortgage foreclosure actions.
- Counsel to the Sponsor in a condominium offering plan of residential units.
- Examining Counsel to Chicago Title Insurance Company.
Mr. Amerling graduated from Syracuse University and received his B.A. in Economics in 1969. He graduated from Albany Law School in 1972 and is a member of the Albany County and New York State Bar Associations (member of Business Law Section and Executive Committee of the Real Property Law Section). Mr. Amerling was admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States on October 15, 1984.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- 80% Real Estate Law
- 10% Probate & Estate Administration
- 5% Banking & Finance Law
- 5% Business Organizations
- New York, 1973
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1973
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1984
- Albany Law School Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D. - 1972
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York
- B.A. - 1969
- Major: Economics
- Manufacturers & Traders Trust Company
- Berkshire Bank
- Tower Management Services L.P.
- Story's Real Estate Company
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, 1973 - Present
- Albany County Bar Association, 1973 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Arthritis Foundation, Board of Directors, Secretary, Treasurer, 1980 - 1994
- Phi Sigma Delta